]]>

8.01.2005

survey says...MUSTANG!



You know, you can take the boy out of Erie, but you can't take the Erie out of the boy.

The Good Doctor has purchased the black-on-black 2005 Mustang convertible. Tell you what...it's a blast to drive around San Francisco. I Triple Dog Dared him to ram the cable car, but he wouldn't. So I dared him to pretend to ram the cable car, but still...he wouldn't.



I guess we don't want the tourists to soil themselves. We need them here.

It's a fun, fun car...much more so than anything else we looked at. Tell you what...the BMW 330i may be faster, the Audi A4 may have more panache, and of course any Mercedes will outperform the 6-cylinder Mustang. However, the Mustang has something the German offerings are lacking...heart and soul.



It's also the reason why the Mustang soldiers on after the demise of the Chevrolet Camaro...a ponycar that outperformed the Mustang on every level, but was nonetheless outsold by the Ford. Camaro sales were as flat as an Los Angeles bank robber's tires after running over spike strips thrown down over the 405 by the CHP. The Camaro was euthanized rather unceremoniously in 2002.

Yeah, that was some extensively wordy bad writing, but it's the best I could come up with right now. I need more green tea.

Anyway, Joel is happy with his purchase...and I'm glad he decided on an American car. It's just the Midwesterner in me. I blame my dad.

Besides...maintenance is much cheaper. :-)


|
© 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 by Chad Fox. All rights reserved.