]]>

2.15.2006

Not a bad Valentine's Day at all.


That's my Valentine's date there...I met him on the 22-Fillmore MUNI bus a few days ago. We're gonna get married. I don't know his real name but I call him my 'lil boo. Well, he's not really "'lil" per se, but you know.

So last night, I walked over to the Castro to meet Derek. Yeah, that's right, I walked. I thought it was a good idea until I got to around Market and 7ht, where I was buffeted by hurricane-force winds whipped up by Fox Tower and almost blown into the street. Twice. They died down a bit, but a blast of wind at Market and Van Ness sent me careening into a homeless encampment. Thing is, I didn't know it was a homeless encampment...it looked like a pile of blankets.

I finally met Derek at Cafe Flore, and we walked over to Daddy's, where we met 2 Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, and one sister in training. When we left, one of the Sisters gave me a hug, wished me a Happy Valentine's Day, smiled at me warmly, and told me to have a "very joyful tomorrow." Call it some sort of divine power, but a wave of euphoria washed over me. Maybe the Sisters really are on to something. It was the best part of my entire day.

We hopped around the Castro a bit before Derek got into a cab and I walked back home to North Beach. By this time, the winds had died down somewhat and Market Street looked like Night of the Living Dead. People in rags shuffling around, and for some reason they ALL wanted to talk to me. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...I saw their mouths moving but all I heard was LCD Soundsystem. I had my iPod buds in my ears (but not turned up too loud...in case someone was behind me). Everyone I passed made motions for me to take out my earbuds, and one woman lunged at me and tried to grab them from my ears. Thing is, she was only 4 feet tall and couldn't reach them.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??? LEAVE ME THE EFF ALONE ALREADY. Damn you, MUNI, for shutting down the metro at 10 EFFING P.M.!

Oh yeah, I forgot. It's to "serve me better" or something.

At any rate, I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day...I sure did. If you have a chance, listen to these two cats podcasting from Cleveland, Ohio. They're hysterical.

Now you'll know where my accent comes from. We really do talk like that.

|
© 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 by Chad Fox. All rights reserved.