]]>

2.02.2006

Aw shucks.



Okay. That is a picture of the control board at KGO 810 AM that I took in December when I was hanging out with Karel. Why am I posting that, you ask?

Let me tell you.

So I'm talking with Kelly tonight on the phone, and somehow we got on the subject of 92.7 FM KNGY here in San Francisco. Kelly is a radio guy, and has worked at several different radio stations as a traffic reporter or something. He decided to call up 92.7 tonight, where Your Boy Brandon was at the helm. Thing is, Brandon and I have been emailing each other, and actually talked on the phone today as well. We're going to hang out this weekend. I'm looking forward to it.


So imagine his surprise when Kelly called from Austin to make a request tonight. In fact, I caught it on tape.

I was floored. And then, this site got a spike of hits all of a sudden. Thanks, Kelly and Brandon. :-)

[shuffles feet, cheeks redden]

It prompted me to dig up this little ditty...when one of my radio idols Dave Morey over at KFOG 104.5 FM did a birthday dedication to me at the beginning of his 10@10 show on September 22nd, 2004. At the time, I was standing shirtless in my kitchen, frosting my birthday cake, and again...was floored.

I think I even got some frosting on my tummy.

At any rate, I'm beginning to think I know some of the coolest people in the world.


|
© 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 by Chad Fox. All rights reserved.