]]>

3.14.2006

Walking vs. MUNI

I like to walk everywhere I go, instead of getting in a car or on a bus. (as always, you can click on any photo to get the large version)



You tend to see more things that way.



Even if sometimes I'm just gazing at nothing in particular.



Up and down the hills I go.



You see the most interesting people (this guy was singing "Never" by Heart at the top of his lungs until I took his picture...then he glared at me, then as if nothing had happened, resumed his song).



You hear the rumbling of the streetcars.



The city isn't that big anyway.



New buildings are going up.



And sometimes I just get so distracted I forget where I'm going or what I need to do.













Plus you get to look at the cool graffiti tags...these have been on this building since the mid 90's...for some reason, I find them strangely comforting.



I wish I was a better chess player.



My favorite thing in the world is to listen to music while walking through the city, whether I'm just out for a stroll or commuting somewhere. For some reason, the city comes alive to me, and almost seems like a living, breathing entity.





Sometimes it's just nice to have a soundtrack accompanying it.





Which brings me to the whole point of this post:

STMF 6

Special thanks to my good friend Mike C. in Cleveland, Ohio for parts of the playlist, which is as follows:

Crazy Penis - Lady T
Spoon - I Turn My Camera On
Annie - Chewing Gum
Mylo - Otto's Journey
Avenue D - Sex That I Need <-- NOT WORK SAFE
Blackalicious - Alphabet Aerobics
LCD Soundsystem - Disco Infiltrator
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
Belle & Sebastian - Step Into My Office Baby
Erick Morillo & the Audio Bullys - Break Down the Doors

Mom, you should probably skip this particular podcast. Trust me on this one.

Also, happy birthday, Tom in San Diego. :-) xoxo

|
© 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 by Chad Fox. All rights reserved.