]]>

1.16.2005

a visual

I just ran across this animated gif online...it kinda illustrates how I totally biffed out on a treadmill about a month or so ago, except I'm not a female, I was running a bit faster, and I was flung far more violently into a magazine rack. My hands and knees are finally healed (not completely, but close), but I have scars. Oh well. This wasn't the first time I've somehow banged myself up, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Sigh...crazy shit happens to me all the time.

Anyway, I'll be off shortly to The Eagle Tavern for the Beer Bust, a pay $7 at the door and drink all the beer you can until 6:00 pm sort of event. Today, the Golden Gate Guards are holding a charitable raffle, benefiting Project Open Hand (here is their mission statement).

So, if there's anyone here in San Francisco who wants to join me, you know where to find me. I'll be wearing a black jacket, a t-shirt that says "Dirty White Boy" on it, jeans, and a black knit cap.

Don't be afraid to come up and say "How you durrin?"

|

6 Comments:

At 15:02, Blogger LMB said...

As of the gif I can only say, "Jane get me off this crazy thing!" And I am sorry to be so frank, but if I was there when you took the fall, I would have pointed and laughed like a donkey. Then of coarse, after I was satisfied I would've helped you up.

The Eagle Tavern. Hmm? Pays to advertise, kiddo. I have a t-shirt that says "Manwhore. It works. Have fun tonight and do tell.

 
At 15:54, Blogger Jase said...

Thanks for the visual, it really puts things in perspective. The only thing missing now is a picture of you in cute track shorts and a tank.

Now I kind of wish I was in San Francisco... have fun!

 
At 17:55, Blogger Jon said...

That picture is hilarious....and a reason why I don't do treadmills. My exercising routine involves swimming and jogging, and luckily I live on the 7th floor so I can just take the stairs and skip the elevator, eliminating the possibility of falling on those damned machines!! ;)

 
At 23:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the Eagle Tavern... once while drinking on 11th street, I winessed two leather daddies coming from there wearing matching assless chaps and matching mustaches. It filled me with a warm, tingly love for the city I was born in. Secretly, I've always wanted to go there... but alas, I have no one to go with. Hey Chad, does anyone ever go to the Stud anymore???

 
At 12:48, Blogger Water Colour Boy said...

The GIF file is hilarious! That's why I stick to Ecliptical machine...it's like running in water...

but it has no relevance to why I chose "Water Colour Boy" as my nick though... *grin*

 
At 13:03, Blogger Michael said...

I think she deserved to bif completly, she was wearing jeans and a jacket, FGS! Maybe if she were wearing proper gym-approved atire, she would not be so bruised today. Amatuer.

Michael

The real mystery: Who was that blond women seen running through the video? Who was she running from/to? What did she do to be running? Hmmm. THAT'S what I want to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 by Chad Fox. All rights reserved.