]]>

6.13.2005

the daigle project.



I promise...I have more stories about my travels through Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

However...for now, I give you what I've been working on the past three days...The Daigle Project. I don't have a lot of experience taking photographs of people, so I needed a charismatic, animated subject who works well with me and responds well to instruction. Daigle stepped up the the plate...and we've had an absolute ball. We were running around North Beach tonight, me giving him instructions, he responding brilliantly. In fact, there was a gaggle of tourists kinda following us around who thought we were famous or something, and actually snapped pictures of me photographing Daigle.

This is them huffing and puffing up my street...it's pretty steep:



Go on, girl! You can do it!



They also snapped Daigle exclusively, effectively eliminating me completely from their "Our Trip To San Francisco" photo albums, thus trampling my self-esteem in the process. However, I picked up the shattered pieces of my pride and self-worth, and bravely moved forward, blinking through my tears. I also refrained from cutting any of those bitches because I didn't feel like cutting any tourists tonight.

Too damn tired.

We actually had a lot of fun...I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I love that boy. He's proven to me time and time again what it means to be a true friend, and I trust him with my life. I mean, he has a set of keys to my apartment...and he's the only one besides me who has them.

That says a lot.

Here's a sneak peek...I still have a lot of work to do on these photos...there are almost 700 of them I need to sort through...but it'll be worth it. These are by no means finished...they were just edited in Picasa before I threw them up online...they're a bit different than what the finished product will be. Tonight, Daigle and I were just having fun with these...making some black and white, adjusting color levels and temperature, brightness, contrast, and cropping.

Oh, and here's a link to Daigle's blog. Be sure to stop in and say, "How you durrin?"

So please...be gentle with your criticism.






































|
© 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 by Chad Fox. All rights reserved.