]]>

6.02.2005

mission accomplished.



I'm sitting here in my old bedroom at my folks' place in Cleveland Heights, happy to not be sitting behind the steering wheel of a truck, bouncing down I-80. Deno's stuff is in his new apartment, the truck is returned (they gave me a new one, but I had to load it mostly all by myself), my handsome prince Brent drove me from Jackson to Plymouth (Michigan), where my dad met us, chatted a bit with Brent, and drove me to Cleveland.

I'll write about my adventures along the way (and there are quite a few besides the thrown-rod incident), but not tonight.

Mama tired. And that's all I'm gonna say, mmkay?

The photo above was taken last week by my sister Hillary...that's all new landscaping out in the front yard. Cleveland Heights, Ohio is such a beautiful place this time of year. It's warm, it's sunny, it's lush and green, flowers are blooming, and to be honest, I really, really miss it. I mean, it's the way summer should be. Not cold, windy, and foggy, the way it is in San Francisco, but...summery. You know what I'm talking about.

Here's another shot of those flowers...mom and dad really outdid themselves this year:



Time for sleep. An air-conditioned bedroom in a beautifully-landscaped house awaits.

It's good to be home for a few days.

|
© 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 by Chad Fox. All rights reserved.