]]>

2.21.2005

i've made it.


pabst, 2003 -- by chad

Someone has been anonymously posting links to my blog in Craigslist, and I feared backlash.

Well, it happened.

And I couldn't feel more validated.

Seems I've ruffled someone in Los Angeles. That's okay...I'd rather have someone read what I write and hate it then not read it at all. Besides, it had enough of an impsct on whoever posted that to actually go out of their way to rant about it on Craigslist.

Here's the post:

Rant: what a load of e-crap

Reply to: anon-60619629@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-02-20, 10:02PM PST


this guy is so full of himself. 90% of what he says is made-up, obviously. entertaining fiction, perhaps, but snap out of fantasy island pal.

hit this blog up and inflate the boy's need for attention.

http://chadfox.blogspot.com/


it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests


60619629

********************************

Wow! I couldn't believe it when I read that...a bit annoyed, but mostly amused. Just for the record...a self-absorbed explanation:

Everything in this blog is true, 100%. I just describe things the way you would if you were watching a movie. In fact, when I write about an experience, it's like I'm watching a videotape of it in my mind, and I'm only dictating what happens. I decided a long time ago when I was in Catholic high school in Cleveland I wasn't going to have a boring, everyday life, and writing about it consistently keeps my brain sharp, and my sanity intact. Exercising your mind is just as important as going to the gym, and writing almost every day helps me keep my sanity, not to mention deal with things like, oh, the death of my grandmother and the pain of breaking up with someone you really fell hard for. As far as attention goes, this is just a website. I'm flattered so many people read this blog, but ultimately, it's for me and me only, and a healthy way to deal with the everyday stresses of life. Trust me, I've seen many people deal with stress the wrong way, and the end up like my tina-addicted friend. I walk down the streets an anonymous person, ordinary-looking, unnoticed like everyone else. I don't want any attention.

Although a complete stranger came up to me in the Castro at 18th and Collingwood this morning and said, "Are you Chad Fox?"

"Um, maybe," I said, taken off-guard.

"You have that gay blog, right?"

Oh great. A gay blog. I need to butch it up a bit in here. Apparently Stop Touching My Food has a sexual preference. "Yeah, I guess."

"I was at the party, and I finally put two and two together. I thought I recognized you. When I read about it on your blog, I knew that was you! I've been addicted to it for the past month now."

"Thanks," I said, self-conciously. I really needed coffee at that point.

It kinda freaked me out a bit; I'm actually really shy at first. After the freakiness, I was completely floored. Well, sidewalked.

Oh, you know what I mean.

Besides, I did the same thing to Bradford Shellhammer when I ran into him on Market Street early one morning about a month ago.

"Hey, are you Bradford Shellhammer?"

"Um, yeah." He looked a bit freaked out, and in need of coffee. But adorable as ever.

"Uh, thanks for linking me on your blog. I love reading it." I felt lunkish and awkward.

"No problem."

I felt like an ass and wanted to just vanish. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Anyway, don't ask why I was in the Castro this morning. It has something to do with the Navy boy. I'll blog about it later.

So anyway, thank you, Los Angeles Person Who Dislikes Me. Thank you for reading my e-crap, and pootzing about my blog on Los Angeles craigslist rants-n-raves. You have made my entire year. This photo is for you, from the Bay Area to the Southland, and I mean this in the warmest, friendliest way possible:


fuckyouchad, 2005 -- by chris a.

A bit of 'Frisco love for ya. From Oakland to SacTown, the Bay Area and back down, Cali is where they put they mack down.

:::UPDATE:::

Seems whoever posted that on Craigslist...deleted it.

Aw.

|

9 Comments:

At 16:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanted to say Hi. Amazing blog. Made me laugh and put a smile on my face which was desperately needed. I should take pics like you.

 
At 17:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you mean all this shit is real?

really?

;)

 
At 18:22, Blogger dontneedtotrackmyinfothanks said...

Chad, I love your writing style, so much, in fact, I posted that I did before you posted about people knocking your style.

So go fuck them.

And be aware that just for the heeby-jeebies of it, I'll stalk you as my first blogger-celeb when I arrive in town.

Do you like paparazzi?? (j/k) =)

 
At 18:25, Blogger rich said...

you know, it's possible i've ran pass you somewhere in North Beach on my way to hang with friends at Cafe Trieste... But I'm always looking down seeing that the dogs there seem to have learned the art of wiping their asses on the sidewalk. It's bad enought when you see dog poop lying there... its even worse when you see a block long streak of it on the sidewalk. It's probably good I never look up to see you...i'd be "ummm uhhhh... you're... uhhh... a fox."... and then i'd feel like shooting my self and running the opposite direction.

 
At 19:15, Blogger XO said...

Chad, I absolutely love your blog. You are an awesome writer, that's what reeled me in. Keep doing what you're doing 'cause you rock!

 
At 19:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They only start pootzing on you when you're on top. You're the Lindsay Lohen of bloggers.

That probably wasn't the best analogy.

 
At 23:41, Blogger Lee said...

L.A. Guy sounds a bit jealous!

And you blog's GAY!? Cheezus! I had no idea! I mean, I can see after a couple of six-packs maybe kissing a guy but other than that, I took it as straight! ;-)

Sorry for being a bit later on this but my condolences about yer grandmother.

 
At 00:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad, I read the first few paragraphs and then I had to stop and respond. So I don't know if you plan to stop or anything, but I just wanted you to know that I am listening, and that I love what you're writing, and I live in Los Angeles.

Please don't don't stop.

Although I live in West Hollywood, about two blocks from Rage, I don't feel that I can go there because of my weight. I'm working on getting the weight off, and working on my attitude, but your blog is a reminder that there is life outside my apartment. I look forward to it every day.

I really love reading your writing, and it is especially great since you write so well, have such a great life and update your blog so often.

I really hope you keep this up, because I get a lot of hope and enjoyment by reading it; even purchased "Set It Off" after I read that entry. :-)

Without knowing it, you've been with me through some rough times. I hope I can be with you through this, at least in spirit.

Much love, and take care.

 
At 12:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the record, i thought it was adorable when you spotted me on the street.

get used to people recognizing you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 by Chad Fox. All rights reserved.