]]>

1.20.2005

separated at birth?

I had to laugh when I saw this entry over at Gatochy's place in Lisbon, Portugal. Amedeo Modigliani is one of my favorite artists of all time...and this quote from him is nothing short of brilliant:

"What I am seeking is not the real and not the unreal but rather the unconscious, the mystery of the instinctive in the human race."

I could not agree more.

I so love Gatochy's blog...it's the kind of blog I love to read whilst sipping a latte and listening to Stereolab.




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Portrait of a Girl (Victoria) c.1917/Winona Ryder






Woman with Read Hair, 1917/Marlene Dietrich







Beatris Hastings, 1915/Julia Stiles








|

5 Comments:

At 14:26, Blogger Chox said...

LOL...I guess I'm one of them multifaceted homos. That said, I'm still a huge geek, and I'm the most un-cool person I know.

 
At 14:58, Blogger M said...

Thanks for the plug, Chad! :) I read your blog every day, it's such a treat to know you enjoy reading mine as well. A very "high brow intellectual/arty" thank you, man. ;)

 
At 15:30, Blogger Chox said...

Au contraire! I may be geeky and uncool, but I am perfectly comfortable with that, and celebrate it by doing whatever the hell I want to, whenever I want to (within reason), and not really caring what anybody thinks.

Being uncool is the new black, don't you know?

btw...I covet your Holly Hobbie lunchbox. :-)

 
At 15:36, Blogger dantallion said...

I hate to disagree, but....

Not geeky. Smart? Yup. Of diverse interests. Absolutely. And the fact that you call yourself a geek makes you, by definition, un-geeky. Humble geekiness is, in fact, the new black. Which indeed makes you a Renaissance man

People just aren't used to it coming in an an attractive package to boot.

 
At 21:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those lookalikes!!!
sweet photos too down there.
+wah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 by Chad Fox. All rights reserved.