]]>

3.11.2005

veronica klaus


Veronica Klaus - photo by Derek Powazek, from his amazing photoblog, ephemera.org.

Last night, I had the honor of seeing Veronica Klaus perform at the Exit Theater down in the Tenderloin. It had been a while since I set foot in that theater; the past performance I saw there was The Asshole Monologues about 2 years ago. That show remains the funniest goddamn thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

Seriously...hands down.

However, last night's performance was nothing short of amazing. Veronica tells her life story with original songs and a monologue that will go from hilarious to poignant in a single sentence. An emotional rollercoaster if you may. I would go from clutching my sides in laughter to tears in the span of ten seconds, and it takes a lot to get me to do that.

Oh, and the clap-on, clap-off psychedelic Jesus was a nice touch.

If you haven't seen this show...tonight and tomorrow night are the last chance you have to see it here in San Francisco...tickets are $20 general admission, $18 for seniors or students. Reservations: 415-820-1565 or go to steinbeckpresents.org for more information.

After the show, I got to hang out for a bit with my friends Nathan, Michael, Kevin, Mr. David, and Ms. Veronica herself in front of the theater. Classic Tenderloin drama was unfolding all around us...with a homeless clarinet-playing man providing the soundtrack.

I could not imagine a more perfect evening.

|

5 Comments:

At 17:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I lived close enough to culture to attend such outings. Have a great weekend.
K

 
At 11:12, Blogger JMG said...

What's Veronica doing now that Universe closed? She was the shots girl there for ages.

 
At 20:06, Blogger Brechi said...

all these myspace links are making me feel like i should sign up

 
At 01:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ died for our sins-

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved

 
At 16:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lot of links for me to check out! I'll definitely have to check out Veronica.

*CHEERS*

~X~

http://xavierism.livejournal.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 by Chad Fox. All rights reserved.