]]>

6.22.2005

finis.



Sometimes, you just have to make certain assessments in your life -- cleaning out your attic, if you may -- and decide, "What needs to stay, and what needs to go?"

These can be excruciatingly difficult decisions.

However, you must always do what's right for you; don't ever sell yourself short by pouring your heart and soul into something that may seem worthwhile, but is nothing more than a sewer carrying your good, often misinterpereted intentions away with the collective chaff of many that have been there before you.

It's so not worth it, and always leaves you feeling foolish.

Clarity can be quite painful, but it's a good thing to have...it allows you to stand up, brush yourself off, and move on with your head held high. To do anything less would be selling yourself short.

I believe you should never stop growing and learning...and improving yourself and making positive changes in your life. If you don't, you stagnate. Most importantly, if there's one thing I've learned, don't ever stop loving yourself...because if you do, it prevents you from moving forward. It dulls your edge, and ultimately sets you up for failure on multiple levels.

When I was younger, I used to disagree with that, "You have to love yourself before loving anyone else."

Blah blah fucking blah, I thought; how wrong I was.

If life has taught me anything, if you don't love yourself, not only is it almost impossible for you to love anyone else in a healthy manner, it makes it extraordinarily difficult for anyone to love you.

Nobody jump to any conclusions...this blog is cheap therapy for me, and sometimes I have to vent here, even if I insist whatever I'm blathering about remains private.

And that's all I have to say about that...because I feel better already.

|
© 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 by Chad Fox. All rights reserved.